I think we should start with ...

Get rid of the electoral college

Presidents should be elected by popular vote! Everyone talked about this in 2000 and 2004 when half of us were disenfranchised, but it's all but forgotten once someone gets into the White House. Let's elect our President as an entire country, not as Red and Blue states.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    srmsrm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • amcamc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem I have is not with representative government, it is with the system of voting. The smaller areas deserve a voice, yes - but so do democrats who live in a republican state and vice versa. We ignore those people, chastise them when they don't vote and tell them that "their vote counts" when really, it never will. It is sad when you can lose the popular vote and still win the election.

• timcharpertimcharper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No no no no no.
        Representative government is our ally against the masses of uninformed voters.

Elect those who will represent your principles - those with integrity and honesty, and then trust them to do their job.

Nobody has the time necessary to research every issue and make an educated decision.

• smooresmoore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No way - then all the politicians would just worry about New York, Chicago, LA, and the major population centers. Us smaller markets deserve a voice too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base